Monday, April 13, 2009

Lady Hawthorne Speaks


Interview Question 1. What is your favorite word?

LOVE in all its forms, who doesn't like to hear "I love you"?


2. What is your least favorite word?

The F word in any form, I hate that people are now using it so easily in normal conversation.


3. What turns you on, spiritually or emotionally?

Beauty in nature, its so inspiring.

4. What Turns you Off, spiritually or emotionally?

Disrespect, as in intolerance to others and their differences, not respecting others rights and needs, using bad language, trashing Mother Nature, please pick up your own trash!




5. What sou
nd or noise do you hate?

Cars with booming speakers in the trunk, I used to pray the owners would go deaf, but then I got smart and now I pray they get ultra sensitive hearing.





6. What sound or noise do you love?


The birds singing and my cat calling me Mama, really, he does!

7. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

I'd love to run a B & B with an herb garden on the side.

8. What job would you least like to have?

Anything involving heights or ladders.

9. If heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?

Welcome home, your family is waiting.

11. In a year, where do you see your etsy shop? Or yourself as an artist?

I see the shop pretty much as it is but with a more steady flow of sales, it has doubled in the last year so hopefully the economy won't slow it down. I would love to do my arts and crafts full time, but I have to live with reality, it will take time.

*********************************************************************************************************************

Post Script, by Jolt Darkly,

As a young girl, I used to watch Inside the Actor's Studio on Bravo and fantasize about being on the show, and answering James Lipton's infamous final questions with perfect impromptu honesty and clarity. The origional questions and answer forms were developed "by French television personality Bernard Pivot, after the Proust Questionnaire." (Wikepedia.)
One wonders when reading that early questionnaire about their abstract depths, for example, "If not yourself, who would you be?" However, in the actor's studio version, the questions have passed through filters of occupation, and become noticeably more concrete...

The above is an version of the questionnaire with slight modifications towards etsian interests. It is not the questionare for etsy, as in most of my interviews, nary a word is spared for questions like, "What is your craft, and why?" but it is, I hope, another fascinating attempt to dive bellow the so often solid surface of an artist's creative work, and an etsian's collected endeavors...

Today's interview was from Lady Hawthorne, who is also featured in an etsy mini along my side bar, please see to the left.

-Jolt

1 comment:

Adaptable Kay said...

Very beautiful.
I love the pictures to go along with your questions.